What types of vehicles can I ship with CVAT?
CVAT provides a variety of transport services for a complete range of vehicles, including cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, boats, RVs and more; for corporate relocation and commercial clients, as well as individual consumers, in the continental U.S. and around the world.
How do I prepare my vehicle for transport?
Remove all personal belongings, secure top, trunk, hood and cover, and take photos.
How far in advance should I schedule the transport of my vehicle?
We request that you schedule your move as soon as possible to ensure that your car is moved within the time frame which best meets your schedule. If an immediate pick up is necessary, we can arrange for your vehicle to be picked up within 24 hours.
How can I make payment?
Payment for auto transport service must be made in advance by using a credit card, money order, cashier’s check, or PayPal. Credit card information will be collected at booking but payment can be deferred until three days prior to your scheduled pickup or drop-off date.
How do I track the shipment of my vehicle?
You can track your vehicle anytime by entering your information here.
Is Central Valley Auto Transport liable for damages?
CVAT will NOT be liable for the following:
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, battery acids, cooling system anti-freeze solution, industrial fallout or fallout resulting from acts of god.
- Articles left in vehicle.
- Damage or loss of loose parts or special equipment when not listed on the bill of lading and/or when not properly wrapped and stored so as to prevent loss or damage.
- Mechanical functions, exhaust assembly, alignment suspension or tuning of engine because inspection of these items is not practical at time of shipment.
- Auto rental accruals will not be honored.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or batteries protectoin from freezing will be furnished by and at the expense of the shipper.
- Loss of market value.
Delivered 99.996 % damage free in 2014.